1. The doctor was reading a test report when the patient ( ) in by a nurse.
2. A big dog ran in front of my mother's car and she ( ) stop very quickly.
3. Modern man is careless when disposing ( ) his garbage.
4. ( ) the advice of his friends, he would not have suffered such a heavy loss in his business.
A.If he took
B.If he should take
C.Were he to take
D.Had he taken
5. Looking through the window, I found him ( ) in a sofa.
6.It has been brought to my ( ) that some girls pay special attention to their appearance and their dressing recently.
7.In the central park, adults stand by gazing at the happy（）of the children playing with joy.
8. Many students including me, felt themselves（）restless and uneasy with the exam approaching.
9. I told your friend how to get to the hotel, but perhaps I ( ) have driven her there.
10. You should be careful when ( ) the street in big cities.
11. They ( ) two free tickets to Canada, otherwise they’d never have been able to afford to go.
12.( ) he felt tired out after the long journey for eight hours.
A. Strong as he is
B. The stronger he is
C. Strong man that he is
D. For he is strong
13. Though it began raining, the peasants ( ) rice.
A.went on to plant
B.went on planting
C.kept to plant
D.didn't stop to plant
14. As we know, physics ( ) the science of energy.
15. ( ) does he call? once a month.